Sunday, November 2, 2008

a vampire story: Chapter 2

I’d had never wanted it to happen
Neither did I asked for it
But it did
In the end

As I sat there, watching him as he cupped his hand to his chin, slightly titled to right as his azure blue eyes gazed past the window pane. His ever-so-soft features hardened by the shadows of the night. It was as if the shadows were dancing wildly around him and there he was, sitting right in the middle around them, calm and oblivious (as ever) to their taunting cackles that threatened to devour any soul alive.

Suddenly - as if caught off-guard – I felt cold as the air was ripped out of my lungs. Countless red-black spots filled my vision as I realized I went into dehydration but I began to sweat..I felt numb..then my body was burning and..why..the room blackened and swirled around me…I’m falling..I heard voices, cackling..

Come..come..along..

“Stop it.”

Coldness pervaded my body. This coldness which I can never describe – and never forget (as if I’m commanded to - shiver now - as I type).

What- I could not see. It was all black and senseless. Immediately my first instinct – and habit – was to grasp any logic or reasoning to keep me alive – or anything – just to live. I yelled, struggling and my arms were flinging wildly in the air. But I felt something cold – and heavy – stifling my cries..

I heard a voice, strong and clear

“I’m leaving.”

Your presence..

“No..NO NO! I’LL BEHAVE! I’LL BEHAVE! DON’T LEAVE ME!!!”..I remembered screaming these words out...and why.. did I say that..?

In my darkness I was crying..in the arms of an embrace so cold yet so warm, as I saw my memories that I had refused to face painfully fast forwarding like camera-flim-negatives in a rush of consecutive events..I was screaming, pleading to

..end..

..but
.. your voice..
..once more..

“On the contrary, my friend – LIVE ON.”

..did you whisper..
..in my ear..

Wake up.”

The darkness seemed to settle – or so I thought. No stirring in the air – nothing. It was then I decided to open my eyes. My vision still slightly clouded as a weight so strong..yet comforting..helped me off the floor.

The voice spoke again.

“Have courage: to face painful memories when they surface and cry them out, only then we are able to breathe in the fresh air as we breathe out the pain – only then we can see, face and do what is the time - known as - now.”

I felt myself soaking in warm blue waters..gazing at a sky so white, innocent and pure..Oh.

His blue azure eyes smiling at me and his soft lips widened to a child-like grin, revealing a set of perfectly pearly white - and well-maintained - teeth.

“Let’s do what we do – now.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zmg
zmgzmg asdfghjkl;
YAY
-atobe :3